Hold Parent Meeting
View WIAA Rules Meetings Video & Take Exams
Obtain med kit from athetic trainer
Cover expectations with assistant coaches
CPR/First Aid/AED certification
@ Parent Meeting you should:
1. Review Athletic Code with the parents.
2. Show Concussion Video from WIAA website to parents.
3. Introduce your rules/lettering policy/try-out procedure/general philosophy.
4. Give Parents a Practice Schedule or link where it can be found.
5. Talk about the Athletic Association/Booster Club or find a member within your parents to promote the club
6. Go over any anticipated fundraising
7. Cover any special dates: Parent's Night, Senior Night, ect.
8. Explain the Chain of Command for issues and how to contact you and your assistant coaches.
Give to Eric Plitzuweit before first game:
Review Emergency Response Plan (due 1st week of practice)
Complete Roster ( To be done on Rschool)
Bus Schedule (To be done with Becky Sagedal)
Van Request (To be done with Becky Sagedal)
Parent's Night Dates and any other special event dates.
Call/Fax in scores win or lose to local media
Make sure kids are attending class...look at Becky's report daily
Before dismissing any players from team discuss with Mr. Plitzuweit first
Supervise your players while they are in the building after/before practices/games
Keep Rschool website up to date with roster/scores/standings
Scout when appropriate
End of Season:
Do a sit down evaluation with your assistants
Collect Uniforms/Equipment (give fine/billing list to Becky Sagedal and Rachel Bunker)
Put all large equipment away