What does the PTO do? The parent organization works collaboratively with the school community (parents, students, staff members, and community members) to raise money to support school initiatives which impact all students at Cooper Elementary School.
What types of events does the PTO support? Technology, literacy, promotes family events, wellness, and diversity/character assemblies.
What types of events has the PTO done over the last several years (this is only a sample list of the impact our PTO has had on the school community)?
- Raised money to defer the cost of fieldtrips to families of Cooper students.
- Paid for alternative seating for students to utilize in the classroom.
- Contributed money towards the purchase of a state of the art sound system for concerts and other school events.
- Dontated money to purchase resources for staff members at Cooper Elementary School to do diversity and character assemblies, math intervention materials, leveled reading books, and technology tools utilized in the learning environment.
- Held book fairs to promote literacy.
- Christmas gift shop for students to be able to purchase items for loved ones at an affordable price.
- Planned and carried out events for field day.
How can I get involved? Please join us on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 in the Library (There will be no meeting in December).
Who can I contact?
Christina Heinzelmann, President
Kristy Schwab-Jacobs, Vice-President
Jenny Gaydos, Secretary
Sarah Klunk, Treasurer
PTO email: cooperschoolPTO@gmail.com