Week of May 1, 2017
RACINE COUNTY SPECIAL NEEDS RESOURCE FAIR
Please make families with students with special needs aware of the Racine County Special Needs Resource Fair on May 5 from 4-7 pm. The Fair takes place at Waterford Union High School. The event will connect families with resources that can assist children and young adults with special needs. Kathy Merlo can provide more information.
KOHL FELLOWSHIP RECIPIENT
Congratulations to Angie Mangold, 6th grade ELA Teacher at Dyer Intermediate, who will be honored on April 29 with a Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Teacher Fellowship. Fellowship recipients are chosen for their ability to inspire a love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others, and their leadership and service within and outside the classroom.
About the honor, Angie said, "Teachers put everything into honing their craft throughout the years, and being selected as a recipient of the Kohl Fellowship helps validate those efforts, as well as what I stand for as an educator." Both Dyer Intermediate and Angie will receive $3000 grants from the Kohl Foundation. Congratulations, Angie!
The 2017 Summer Community Education Course Catalog is available online. There are classes for all ages. Community Education provides educational opportunities to the community to promote a healthy and active lifestyle through recreational programming.
This coming week at Dyer
Monday, May 1, 2017
- Go Green Club to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Girls’ Basketball to 4:30 p.m.
- Band/Orchestra Fitting for new members 2017/2018 school year – 3:30 to 8 p.m.
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
- Yearbook Club to 4:00
- Techno Dragons to 4:30
Thursday, May 4, 2017
- SLA Breakfast – 7 a.m.
- Boys’ Basketball to 4:30 p.m.
- String Concert @ BHS 6:30 p.m.
Friday, May 5, 2017
- May 12, 2017 – Last Fun Night of the year 3:10 to 5 p.m.
- May 23, 2017 – Band Concert @ 7 p.m.
- May 24th to May 29th Chocolate Fest
- May 26, 2017 – Early Release
- May 29, 2017 – No School Memorial Day
- June 1, 2017 – Choir Concert @ 7 p.m.