In resonance with the BASD mission, the BASD music programs provide musical experiences to all students as a process of performing, describing and creating in order to:
- Enhance cultural understanding both past and present
- Build empathy towards others
- Build self-confidence through skill development
- Build a sense of belonging through positive group dynamics and develop a shared asthetic experience
- Create independent lifelong learners
- Create an appreciation for music as a fundamental part of humanity
Through a standards based curriculum and a common set of expectations.
Thank you for your support of music in our schools!
The Karcher Middle School Music Department is proud to be considered one of the area's premier middle school music programs. We feature eight performing ensembles including: 7th Grade Band, 8th Grade Band, "The Wall of Sound" Jazz Band, 7th Grade Choir, 8th Grade Choir, The Karcher Vocal Jazz Ensemble, 7th Grade Orchestra, and 8th Grade Orchestra. We also offer Exploring Music classes for both 7th and 8th grade students. We invite you to attend our many performances throughout the year and we thank you very much for your continued support!
- Mr. Stoughton and Mr. Eckmann