Criteria for Acceptance
- Students must be enrolled in one of the consortium schools.
- Students must be referred by school of origin; students may not apply directly to SLCAHS.
- Students must have attempted 3 semesters of high school or be at least 16 years old.
- Previous interventions must be documented prior to placement request.
- Students must have been identified by their home school as having the potential to be successful at SLCAHS.
- Students must exhibit behavioral compliance.
- Parents and students must make a commitment to make this program successful.
- Students must make a commitment to work toward high school completion.
- Each district will have a selection committee consisting of staff, counselor, administration, or other appropriate personnel.
- The selection committee will be responsible for referring students to SLCAHS using application forms. (See Appendix A).
- The SLCAHS staff will collaborate with the home school regarding placement in the alternative high school. Placement decisions will be made between the home school and SLCAHS staff after testing
- Student and parent will complete the interview process at SLCAHS.
- Exceptions will be considered by the governing board on a case by case basis.